The idea that workwear and uniform procurement could be fully automated, traceable and easy is every company’s wildest dream. Not only would this make life so much easier for individuals making large orders of workwear for multiple members of staff but it would also totally eliminate the backwards and forwards telephone calls.
Over the years we have heard some horror stories from new customers detailing previous confusion with suppliers over which member of staff’s uniform is which, which box it needs to go into, how the box must be labelled, how many of each item there is, the colours and sizes… you get the idea. If only everything was on the screen with all of your possible options waiting to be selected.
As a company who pride ourselves on offering as well as delivering solutions for clients, we decided to do something about it. In 2016 we created the SMART Online Ordering Portal. This bespoke online software was designed to fully simplify and streamline your procurement as well as allowing you to stay in full control of your spend. Since it’s trial and subsequent launch it has an outstanding track record of making life considerably easier for clients and allowing them to reap the time and cost saving benefits of this.
How it works:
- Only pre-approved products are available for you to order
- Teams/departments manage their own ordering via multi-departmental access
- Downloadable PPE specification sheets held on the system to ensure Health and Safety compliance
- Full records of workwear and PPE issued to each individual
- Manpack feature allowing all ordered items to be delivered bagged and labelled with an individual’s name.
- Emailed confirmations to group buyer at the point of order if required.
- Courier tracking of your orders with POD’s if required.
How it is effective:
- Stay in control of expenditure
- Save time placing orders and distributing workwear
- Ensure teams are ordering the correct products
- Ensure the right PPE and garments are issued
- Keep track of delivery times and back orders
See it all in practice here: